What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- Personal Data
- Email Address
2.1. When you first register on the Site as a user, we ask for your email address. We will use your email address to communicate important information about your account, such as payments due, or to reset your password.
2.2. If you have chosen to be on our mailing list, we send you our newsletter, and/or offers and promotions about products or services that we consider to be relevant to you. At the end of our newsletters or offers, we always provide you with the opportunity to remove yourself from our mailing list.
2.3. If you choose to become a member of one of our sites, you are agreeing to disclose your email address to the administrator of that site. Through our site, a site administrator can choose to mail individual members, groups of members or the entire membership of the site. When you join, you can choose to not be part of the mailing list. You can at any time choose to remove yourself from the mailing list of a site by using the unsubscribe function at the end of every email sent from the system.
2.4. If you are logged in to any site, and choose to post information, your posting will, by default, include your email address. You can remove or edit this address before you submit your posting. You may also choose to be notified by our system of replies or updates, in which case your email address will again be used.
2.5. If you build a site with us, you provide a site email address that is published on your site as a way of contacting the site owner.
- Other Personal Data
3.1. If you choose to subscribe to our site, we ask you some additional personal questions such as your age, gender, occupation, postal/ZIP code and country. We also collect Personal Data about your browser, login times and IP addresses when you visit our site.
- Our use of Personal Data
We use the Personal Data we collect from you to:
- 1.create your account;
- 2.deal with your inquiries and requests;
- 3.allow you to participate in any interactive features on the Site, where you choose to do so;
- 4.send you relevant communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- 5.send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions relating to us and/or our Partners or other organizations that we work with, in accordance with your communication preferences. You can control these updates by clicking My Details from the control bar of any site to which you are logged in, and selecting Edit my Details; and
- 6.understand how our customers use our services so that we can continuously improve the Site and the services we offer.
Personal Data may be used or shared with third parties if these third parties are service providers and work on our behalf to support us in performing any of the aforementioned purposes (e.g. marketing automation provider used by us to send you service or marketing emails).
We may also generate, use and disclose aggregated and/or anonymized information and statistics about the Site for marketing and strategic purposes. You will not be individually identifiable from these aggregated and/or anonymized information and statistics.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- 1.1to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006;
- 1.2if substantially all of its assets are acquired by another company, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- 1.3to the police or other regulatory authorities if we are legally required to do so as part of an investigation into illegal activities or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
5.2 If we are required to disclose Personal Data to any person outside the European Economic Area, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Data is treated securely and in accordance with the Act.
- Principles of Data Protection
Our obligations under the Act are that all Personal Data must be:
- 1.processed fairly and lawfully;
- 2.processed for limited purposes and in an appropriate way;
- 3.adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose;
- 5.not kept longer than necessary for the purpose;
- 6.processed in line with data subjects’ rights;
- 7.secure; and
- 8.not transferred to people or organizations situated in countries without adequate protection.
- How do we protect your personal information?
We want you to feel confident about using the Site and we are committed to protecting the personal information that we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it to provide products or services to you, or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to protect the personal information you provide to us against unauthorized or unlawful use and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.